HR/ Operations Specialist
At GiaMed, we specialize in staffing healthcare professionals at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Our mission is one of giving back to those who have given so much for us and our country, and we are honored to be one of the largest government contractors that services the San Antonio Military Health System (SAMHS). Our corporate team has an immediate opening to hire an experienced Operations Specialist to help us deliver excellent customer service while performing their daily responsibilities.
The Operations Specialist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, performance appraisal management, benefits administration, policy implementation, affirmative action, and employment laws compliance. In addition, will assist with credentialing new candidates. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm at our GiaMed office. (1100 Northwest Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78213)
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook.
- Performs benefit administration to include change reporting, maintaining the online enrollment system, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-I report annually, maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Handles escalated employee issues.
- Maintains and reports on exit interviews.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Maintains SCA health and welfare reconciliation and works closely with payroll on employee benefit deductions.
- Assists with tracking and updating upon receipt of signed Offer Letters in employee files.
- Assists with In-processing oversight and assists candidates throughout the procedure.
- Maintains clear, open communication with our customers, candidates, field employees, and co-workers.
- Assists with the coordination of field employees' time off such as PTO, LWOP, FMLA, and Workman's comp in conjunction with the program manager.
- Assists with conducting annual field employee appraisals.
- Back-up coverage for other team members as requested.
- Rotation in On Call schedule; weekend day evening and weekends as needed.
- Assists with running monthly employee absenteeism report and communicates to PM which employee requires counseling.
- Assists with maintaining employee schedules, credentials, and expirations in ADP.
- Credentialing: efficiently performs all aspects of credentialing.
- Serves as the liaison to the candidate, providers, operations, and leadership on all credentialing matters.
- Updates and maintains databases of all required credentials.
- Capable of dealing with confidential and sensitive information with discretion and trust.
- Runs required reports from multiple databases and effectively documents activity in each database(s).
- Completes monthly reports as assigned.
- Employee and Client Site Visits as assigned.
- Assist with the development of strategic staffing plans.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate independent judgments.
- ·Represents the company as a role model of professional conduct and demeanor
- Integrity-based judgment and decision-making.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- One year experience with HR or Medical Credentialing
For immediate consideration, email resumes to: [email protected]